CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 26 June 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

And I must have been cos one minute I blog and its December and next its the end of June - where has the time gone?


So a quick update. The Slice went back to the shop cos as soon as I said how lovely it was it stopped being so lovely and refused to cut properly. I did some more Copic classes for Kraft Crazy in Tidworth, got a new camera whcih I am seriously in love with. Went the annual SF ball in Bournemouth, went on a fab holiday to Rome and a Supernatural tv show convention where I met the very lovely cast. Went on another shorter holiday to the South of France by train, came home and 2 Scrapladies Mid Summer Madness Card Marathon was upon us.


So I was busy but yes its been fun and I have a ton of photos to crop as the ladies at my two crops will vouch.


Next up is the 2 Scrapladies Calendar Class and more imminently I am going to be a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, which brings me to my photo. Since I have yet to get my starter kit, and I only have very few SU bits and bobs, I was quite pleased to be able to produce something using only SU products.




I made the card on the right for an ex boss. He has bees - hence the bee and honeycombe paper. It was the first time I have pleated ribbon on anything, and the seam binding ribbon made it so easy. I liked the card so much I made another almost the same to keep. Once I get more stamps I'll put a better one in the middle - or maybe not, I'll see - what do you think?


So for these cards I used:


Botanical Gazette paper (the bees are one side the honeycomb the other)

So Saffron cardstock

Certainly Celery Inkpad

Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding Ribbon

1 beige Spring Time Vintage Big Designer button

(all the above are from the Mini Catalogue)


Just For You Stamp from the Sale a Bration Punch Bunch set (I think no longer available)


For the card I am keeping, I used almost the same, obviously no stamp and the buttons are from the Designer Series in the Main Catalogue with a large Jewel stuck in the middle.


Definately going to be doing some more cards with ribbon on, I've fallen in love with it all over again.


:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment