Saturday, 11 July 2009

Yay! Lyrical Letters arrived!

My new Lyrical Letters cart arrived the other day. It is every bit as gorgeous as I thought it would be and I have been having fun cutting and sticking and generally seeing whats what on it.

At the moment I think my favourite cut is the spring connected shift option which gives you a lovely alim type flower and its companion frame connected shift whcih gives you a kind of three quarters of an alium flower inside a frame.

So, this weeks little project was done using the 'spring connected shift' kind of alium. First I cut one at 4" I used this as a mask and held it down while I wiped over it with my versamark pad. Then I removed the mask and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I cut another flower in the same card and style but at 3" and stuck it on top of the heat embossed one.

Finally I mounted them on to first some dark brown distressed card I had (probably a very old basic grey but who knows) and some swiss dot bazzill.

I love aliums, they are my favourite flower so I will be making more of these.