CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 20 June 2009

From One Cricut Cut...


I wanted to cut some little fleur de Lys things from the Home Decor cart, and decided a whole sheet of them might be a nice idea sinceI had grand ideas of lots of FdL cards. I ran a piece of 12x12 Bazzill through my cricut set on 'Fill Page'.


Having cut my sheet full, I carefully peeled the waste off the cricut backing sheet, thinking what a nice stencil it would make. I put the little cuts aside for the time being and thought I'd have a go with using the waste as a stencil. I trimmed just 3 holes off the stencil and positioned it on some black bazzill and coloured it with an chalk ink pad. Then I repositioned it and continued till I had filled my piece of card. You could use repo glue of some sort, I just held it down. So long as you dab the colour on and do not rub it didnt go under the edges.


Later I trimmed a piece off the rest of the stencil and stuck it to some silver DCWV card I had. Then in the gaps between the holes I stuck some of the die cut FdLs.


Finally, I stuck more of the die cuts on to another piece of silver card.


All of them were decorated with stick on gems, and I got three different kinds of card toppers from one run through the cricut. I made mine into Fathers Day Cards.

:-)

7 comments:

Julia Dunnit

Genius. Can't choose a fave, just love the idea.

Carmen

Lovely - so stylish and slightly gothic. My favourite is the chalky one but they are all beautiful :)

Anne

Wow - they look great! What a good idea - I love anything thrifty like that!

Angie

what a great use of every last bit ... 'waste not want not'! The cards are so striking and make ideal Father's Day cards

kelly

love it so cute!!!

Mole

Waste not, want not! Like to see how you've used all the different pieces so effectively.

Dan

Great use of the cut, and such striking results! :)

Post a Comment